The new Comox Valley hospital will be located at 101 Lerwick Road (near the intersection of Lerwick and Ryan roads in Courtenay), next to North Island College, within the traditional territory of the K’ómoks First Nation.
This location was selected in consultation with local and regional governments, and with North Island College because:
- It’s near the centre of the population base;
- It’s located on high volume arterial roads to maximize access and fit within current and projected road capacity in the Comox Valley;
- It has an excellent geotechnical base with no seismic risks;
- The site is close to the future fire hall, and well serviced by utilities, thereby reducing costs;
- Strategic partnerships with North Island College are possible.
View our aerial video to see the construction progress:
Comox Valley Hospital construction site aerial video from Aug. 16, 2015 from Island Health on Vimeo.
Like other health authorities in the province, Island Health intends to charge for parking at all new facilities with substantial parking infrastructure. This includes the new Comox Valley Hospital, which will have more than 700 stalls in parkade and surface parking. Learn more about pay parking at the new hospital.